Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

An annus horribilis, but...


It has been a true annus horribilis, so good riddance to 2014 and welcome 2015.

It was the year I lost half my soul and the pain and grief are all too raw and constant. I have tried as best I can to heal the body and mind, both of which have taken a great knock.

Still, human nature has a way of going on. However bad the past 16 months have been, there are still so many things to be thankful for and which give me hope.

Going into 2015, I am thankful for:

-- A wonderful family. Despite us being far, my siblings have been there for me at every step of the way.

-- For the wonderful news my niece announced on Christmas Day that a new member will be added to the family in June. I will be a great-aunt and we all look forward to welcoming a baby boy or girl.

-- My friends who have been invaluable in picking me up and pushing me forward, asking about me every day and just being there.

-- Good health, especially as I have crossed a significant milestone. I still feel like a teenager and have yet to grow up.

-- Having a job that I love, in beautiful surroundings and with great colleagues.

-- The music of Pink Floyd, which rounds up my day. Their genius is something I never tire of.

-- The sun and the sea for as bad things are, to wake up to the sun and look forward to going to the beach are the best tonic.

-- For the gift of reading and writing. Reading has been one of my greatest comforts and escapes these past months.

-- To Dubai, for giving me a home where I feel safe.

Mich Café has been the biggest casualty of this 16-month difficult period.  Although I write in my head, I haven’t managed to produce much on the blog and I miss that the most as it is, my readers will know, one of my passions.

I thank all those who have stuck with me and have come back to read on a daily basis. Hopefully, as the healing process continues, the inspiration and motivation to write will come back.

Happy New Year to you all and may 2015 bring health, wealth and happiness.